Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Poem: I Don't Belong at This Party

I find myself surrounded by a crowd of familiar faces
But I might as well be surrounded by strangers
As these people engage in never-ending conversation
About the things I have no connection to

And so I find myself a stranger in the room
Finding it hard fitting in with these people
Feeling as empty and alone as I’ve ever felt
All the while trying to hide my feelings

I know I don’t belong at this party
And want nothing more than to escape it
But I must stay there until the end
And so I flee to the bathroom
Lock myself in the stall and let the tears fall

Written April 20, 2016

© 2016 by Lena Kovadlo. Use with permission only.

1 comment:

  1. Emotions flow in these images - sparking a feeling of knowing just what the writer is saying - great!

    ReplyDelete