Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Poem: Often Times I Wish...

Often times I wish I were a different person
The kind of person who not only wants change
But one that believes in herself, never doubting her actions
Takes the ever-present fear and pushes it aside
And exudes confidence, drive and a fighting spirit
To actually make the desired changes happen

I do not wish to be the kind of person
Who wants her current life to be different
But instead of taking chances
And doing everything in her power
To make change happen and turn her life around
Just sits there in her room crying her heart out
Unsatisfied with the way things are turning out
And feeling like nothing will ever change for the better
And life will continue to be the same as it is now

But it is hard to accomplish as fear reigns over me
And I lack the confidence, drive and fighting spirit
That once somehow roamed within me
Causing me to believe that I don’t have what it takes
To create the life that I want to live
A life where the constant tears, whether visible or not
Are replaced by tears of joy, laughter and eternal peace
A life where all my accomplishments are at their peak
And I and everyone around me is proud
Of all I have achieved and the person I have become

Written July 13, 2016

© 2016 by Lena Kovadlo. Use with permission only.

1 comment:

  1. This poem is written with the knowledge of knowing a change is desired; the images left a feeling of needing change in a life - excellent!

    ReplyDelete