Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Poem: Reasons for Letting You Go

There are many reasons for letting you go
Here are some that I want you to know
One is the freedom to be who I am
And living a life without being a sham
Second is the lies that I hate to be told
And promises never kept, now getting old
Third is pretending to love and to care
But when needed most, never being there
I could go on and on but that won’t make you change
So I’m saving my breath going out of range
I will never forget you but I must move ahead
So there is no more us, you and me we are dead

Written January 23, 2018

© 2018 by Lena Kovadlo. Use with permission only.

3 comments:

  1. I am sure many can relate, Lena. Meaningful and honest verses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Trying to remember who inspired this.

      Delete
  2. It takes wisdom and honesty to pin down all the reasons to pull out of a relationship. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete