Monday, February 26, 2018

Poem: No Response

Whenever I try to contact you
You don’t pick up the phone
You don’t call me back
You don’t reply to my text messages
Or the emails I send you

No matter what I do
There is no response
No acknowledgement

I know you may be busy
But in my mind it seems like
You are simply ignoring me
And I can’t fathom why that is

What have I done
To deserve such treatment
You can’t just shut me out
Without an explanation
You can’t just go on with your life
As if I don’t exist or never did

I do not wish to be ignored any longer
So, if you don’t want me around anymore
Just tell me and I will let you be

Written February 26, 2018

© 2018 by Lena Kovadlo. Use with permission only.

3 comments:

  1. Honest and real... ...and bittersweet and sad too. Many can relate, of that I am certain. Thank you for sharing, Lena.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mercy - this is a touching poem - being ignored can be hurtful - could it be the other party is caught up in "their" own world and not aware this is happening - I know I would "never" totally ignore someone intentionally and if I did, it's because of my own selfish being too busy to reply - love & hugs to you Dear One! Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your poem! It's awful when that happens!

    ReplyDelete