Friday, June 25, 2021

Poem: Beneath the Weeping Willow

Beneath the weeping willow
I think of days gone by
Of days with you beside me
Watching the birds as they fly
And sing the sweetest melodies
Of love so true and pure
That only grows as days go by
And is my saving cure

For a broken heart that’s lonely
And yearning for embrace
For light and warmth and happiness
That nothing can erase
I’ll be forever grateful
That you have come my way
For you complete a part of me
That I had lost one day

And now that I have found it
I hope it’s here to stay
Just like the love I have for you
Though you have gone away
And all the hope I thought was gone
Has now returned once more
And I no longer feel as if 
I’m drowning by the shore

Written June 25, 2021

© 2021 by Lena Kovadlo. Use with permission only.

2 comments:

  1. A meaningful and soul-reaching write, Lena. Very nice flow to this (rhythm and rhyme). Thank you for sharing it. πŸ˜ŠπŸŒΊπŸ™πŸ

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sad memories but yet everything is well. A great hope makes you alive and full of gratefulness.

    Good poem. Nocturnal Writer (myLot)

    ReplyDelete