Monday, July 5, 2021

Poem: You Appeared in My Dream

A glance out the window
Brought with it a view
Of colored leaves blowing in the breeze
And piles of dried leaves
That I pictured crunching against my boots

And then I saw you
Sitting on the old couch
Your head bent down
A faint snore escaping your lips

I thought you were peacefully sleeping
But as I slowly neared you
The snoring was silent
Your body like a dropping flower
And it turned out you were gone
Gone deep into the land of dreams
The kind you can’t escape from

And that’s when I opened my eyes
And wondered about your presence in my dream
I haven’t dreamed of you in a while
Was your sudden appearance a sign or a warning
And what did it mean

Written June 26, 2021

© 2021 by Lena Kovadlo. Use with permission only.

No comments:

Post a Comment