Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Poem: Stuck in the Express Lane

I am standing in the express lane
Hoping for a fast checkout
But instead I find myself
In a lane that crawls

Being stuck in the express lane
Every second that passes
Feels like an hour
And I stand their wondering
When it will finally be my turn

All the while I can’t help
But think about my life
And how it resembles this express lane
That’s moving at turtle speed

When will it finally pick up speed
When will I finally get to the checkout
And be on my way to my desired destination…

Written May 15, 2018

© 2018 by Lena Kovadlo. Use with permission only.

2 comments:

  1. This is a very meaningful metaphorical poem, Lena. I can understand its intent... ...and, by the way, I think it is very well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena - I like the connection between the express lane connecting to the importance in one's life. Great write - many of us have been stuck in the express lane in life and "we" must push forth to accomplish that goal that "we" feel is passing us by because if "we" don't the accomplishment will never be done. Barbara Kasey Smith

    ReplyDelete